Tomatoes and red peppers are high in vitamin C, vital for the formation of collagen which helps prevent wrinkles. #vitaminc #collagenproduction
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 Red pepper, sliced into strips
- ½ Red chilli
- 270 g Cherry vine tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 tbsp Light olive oil
- Himalayan salt and black pepper
- Pitta bread to serve
- Fry the onion (preferably in a frying pad which has a lid) in a little olive oil until golden, and then add the red pepper and the chilli and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the tomatoes and a pinch of salt and pepper and simmer gently on a low heat until the tomatoes have softened and reduced into a thick sauce.
- Then make 2 wells in the tomato sauce and crack the eggs into them and put the lid on the pan until the eggs have poached in the sauce.
- Serve with a sprinkling of coriander and warm pitta bread or any other healthy bread.